2022 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
- FMMA 2022 Annual Conference Opening Remarks – Chris Habig, Emcee, CEO, Co-founder, Freedom Healthworks, Podcast Host, Healthcare Americana
- Alternative Nation – Break the Healthcare Mold – Jay Kempton, President, CEO, Kempton Group Administrators, Co-founder, FMMA
- To Free Healthcare Markets, Make Purchasers an Offer That They Can’t Refuse – Brian Klepper, Principal, Worksite Health Advisors
- Direct Primary Care: Evolution & Trends – Zak Holdsworth, Co-founder, CEO, Hint Health
- 3 Pillars of Direct Primary Care/Insurance Plan Integration Success – Roger Moczygemba, MD, MHA, Owner & Physician, Direct Med Clinic, Allison De Paoli, Founder, Altiqe & Host, Raising The Bar
- Free Market Models – NE Ohio Community-owned Health Plan – Bryce Heinbaugh, MBA, CEO, Managing Partner, IEN Risk Advisors, Casey Billington, BSN, RN, CCTC, Concierge Nurse Navigators
- Health Plan Strategies Breakouts: Risk Mitigation & Captive Strategies – Jason Dixon, President, Trinity Captive Group, David Voorhees, True Captive Insurance
- Direct Care Models: Legal Insights – Cori Zavada, JD, Fiduciary Risk Management, VezaHealth, Jay Keese, JD, CEO, Capitol Advocates; Executive Director, DPC Coalition, Chris Deacon, JD, VerSan Consulting (former Assistant Director of Health Benefit Operations and Policy and Planning, State of New Jersey, Adam Habig, President & Co-founder, Freedom Healthworks
- Texas Landscape: Legislative & Direct Care Models to Lead TX Public Sector Health Plan Transformation – Greg Coldewey, Brown & Brown, representing San Felipe Del Rio CISD, William Rusteberg, Risk Managers, South Texas Health Cooperative, Cristin Dickerson, MD, Green Imaging
- Do You Know Your Value? Seeing the Unseen in Cash Medicine – Jeff Deist, President, CEO, The Mises Institute
- 2022 Be the Beacon Awards
- Direct Primary Care Breakouts – Tech & Provider Efforts to Scale Direct (Primary) Care – Beth Holmes, Head of Network Development, Hint Health, Clint Flanagan, MD, Founder & CEO, Nextera Healthcare
- Free Market Models – Engaging Employers in Arizona – Kendrick Johnson, DO, Founder & Medical Director, Ark Family Health, Tim Spooner, PT, President/CEO, Spooner Physical Therapy & Proactive MSD
- Health Plan Strategies Breakouts: Transparency Tools to Drive Consumerism & Health Plan Transformation – Greg Smith, CEO, Coral, Keith Smith, MD, Founder, Atlas Billing, Co-Founder, Medical Director, Surgery Center of Oklahoma, Co-Founder, FMMA, Melissa Nance, PHR, SHRM-CP, Chief Brand Officer, The Kempton Group (moderator)
- Alternative Nation: My Journey through the Looking Glass – Lisa Kennedy Montgomery (Kennedy), Host, Kennedy, Fox Business Network, Libertarian political commentator
- Buyer Dominance in the Medical Exchange – Keith Smith, MD, Co-founder, Medical Director, Surgery Center of Oklahoma, Co-founder, FMMA
- Employer Case Studies – Transparent Pharmacy, Direct Primary Care & Patient Navigation – Steve Boyd, Owner & Co-Founder, Southern Scripts (Moderator), Derek Francis, CFO, Hospice of Wichita Falls, Inc, Taylor Pitlik, HR Specialist, Pitlik & Wick, Inc, Dru Jacobs, President, Adfitech, Inc, Todd Rogers, Executive Director, Business Management, The Kempton Group Administrators (Intro)
- Free Market Models: Changing Healthcare in Indiana and Beyond – Eric Inman, Co-Founder, WellBridge Surgical, Jeff Williams, Co-Founder, WellBridge Surgical, Chris Habig, Co-Founder & CEO, Freedom Healthworks
- Health Plan Strategies – Here to There: Important Things for Employers to Know Before Starting a Healthcare Journey – Matt Ohrt, Consultant, Healthcare Best Practices Group
- The Future of Healthcare – Rachel Means, CEO, Employee Benefits Consulting
- Ask Us Anything – Dr. Keith Smith & Jay Kempton – Keith Smith, MD, Co-founder, Medical Director, Surgery Center of Oklahoma, Co-founder, FMMA, Jay Kempton, President, CEO, Kempton Group Administrators, Co-founder, FMMA
2021 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
- Are You Ready for the Red Pill? – Jay Kempton, The Kempton Group Administrators & Founder, Free Market Medical Associat
- Matrix of Healthcare Regulation vs. Entrepreneurship – Per Bylund, PhD, Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship, Oklahoma State University, Cristin Dickerson, M.D., CEO, Managing Member, Green Imaging
- Maternity or Emergency Care Can’t Be Bundled, Right? Another Red Pill for You! – Keith Smith, M.D., Medical Director, Surgery Center of Oklahoma, Founder, Free Market Medical Association, Christion G. Rice, MD, MBA, FAAEM, Managing Partner, Oklahoma ER & Hospital, Kylie M. Mayes, Chief Financial Officer, Atlas Billing Company, LLC.
- The Red Pill of Employer Health Plans – Carl C. Schuessler, Jr. DHP, DIA, GBDS, Co-Founder and Managing Principal, Mitigate Partners, Cristy Gupton, Founder & President, Custom Benefits Solution, a Mitigate Partners firm, Glenn Price, MBA, CFO, The Gasparilla Inn & Club, Liz Schrock, CEBS, Benefits Champion, The Gasparilla Inn & Club
- Keynote Luncheon: How to save—and advance!—free markets from the Washington politicians and special interests – Steve Forbes, Chairman & Editor-in-Chief, Forbes Media
- Engaging Company CEO’s To Drive Transformational Change in Healthcare – Tony Dale, Founder & Chairman, Sedera, Elaine Parker,President, Job Creators Network Foundation & Chief Communications Officer, Job Creators Network
- Aisles Not Island. How Online Shopping Will Reform Healthcare – David Goldhill, Founder & CEO, Sesame and the Sesame Story
- Business Executive Panel Discussion: Best Practices to Unleash the Free Market in Healthcare – Christopher Habig, Co-Founder & CEO, Freedom Healthworks (Moderator), Mark Burt, Director, Finance at Gable & Gotwals, Matt Ohrt, Vice President, HR and Medical Services, Merrill Steel
- Legislative Update – David Balat Director of Right on Healthcare Initiative, Texas Public Policy Foundation, Jonathan Small, C.P.A., President, Oklahoma Council of Public Affairs
- Employer Case Studies – Sunny Nadolsky, Founder & CEO, MediBookr, Todd Rogers, Executive Director, Business Development, The Kempton Group, Kelsey Reneau, HR Director, Chaparral Energy
- Direct Care Innovation and Entrepreneurship – Adam Wheeler, Founder, Big Tree Medical, Adam Habig, Co-Founder & President, Freedom Healthworks, Lee S. Gross, M.D., President, Docs 4 Patient Care Foundation
- “Ask Us Anything” – Keith Smith, M.D., Medical Director, Surgery Center of Oklahoma, Founder, Free Market Medical Association, Jay Kempton, Owner, The Kempton Group Administrators & Founder, Free Market Medical Association
- Closing Remarks – Keith Smith, M.D., Medical Director, Surgery Center of Oklahoma, Founder, Free Market Medical Association
The FMMA and our members represent a glitch in the matrix of the crony healthcare system that was not constructed for the benefit of patients, physicians, or employers.
Taking red pill of price transparency between willing buyers and sellers of medical care is waking up many across the country.
Join this transformational and revolutionary movement as we share success stories from physicians, employers, benefit advisors, and entrepeneurs who have walked through the door to the freedom outside.
Our 2021 keynote speaker will be Steve Forbes, who has been long-term champion of free enterprise. Mr. Forbes has been a vocal opponent to the Affordable Care Act and has featured FMMA co-founder, Dr. Keith Smith on his podcast.
Other speakers and sessions will highlight the growing movement of large health systems toward transparency, innovations in direct care and direct contracting, as well as major employer success stories. This is the conference you do not want to miss.
As Morpheus says in The Matrix:
“You have to understand, most people are not ready to be unplugged, and many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will try to protect it.”
2020 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
- Healthcare Entrepreneurship & the Surgery Center of Oklahome – Dr. Keith Smith
- Entrepreneur & Founder of Sedera Health – Dr. Tony Dale
- Entrepreneurship & Scaling Direct Primary Care – Dr. Kyle Rickner
- Founders Panel Ask Us Anything – Dr. Keith Smith & Jay Kempton
- Entreprenuers Answer Questions About Restoring the Free Market in Medical Care – Dr. Keith Smith & Dr. Tony Dale
- Virtual Conference – Time Stamps Below
- James Dunavant, Opening Remarks
- Primary Architect 2019 Executive Order on Healthcare – Larry Van Horn, Phd. 25:45
- The Entrepreneurial Journey: How Entrepreneurship Can Save Healthcare – Peter Klein & Hunter Hastings 1:31:37
- Q & A – Dr. Keith Smith & Panel 2:33:08
- Revolutionary Entrepreneurship of Self-funded Employer Plans – Brady Bizarro, Esq. 3:21:08
- Big Ideas: Removing Roadblocks Between Buyers & Sellers of Healthcare – John Harvey 4:23:43
- COVID Response & Public Policy Roundtable – David Balat 5:21:08
- Q & A – Dr. Keith Smith & David Balat 5:41:28
2019 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
- Opening Remarks – Keith Smith, M.D.
- Theory & History Agree – Bob Murphy
- Healthcare Stole the American Dream, Here’s How to Take it Back – David Contorno
- Free Market Medical Care and the State – Ron Paul, M.D.
- Innovative Options for 2019 – Adam Russo, Esq.
- Profit Motives in Healthcare – Charles Sauer
- Founders Panel Burn the Ships! – Dr. Keith Smith & Jay Kempton
- Closing Remarks – Jay Kempton
Since 2014, the mission of the FMMA has transformed from Education to Insurrection. Our mission is to rouse and provoke those suffering because of the broken system and motivate them to fight back.
The 2019 Conference speakers motivated, energized, influenced, and empowered attendees to eliminate the option of retreat, reject the status quo, and emancipate themselves from the deteriorating ship.
2017 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
- DPC Workshop – Dr. Corba, Dr. Gross, Dr. Nelson Video
- Opening Remarks – Jay Kempton Slides Video
- Creating a Free Market Healthcare System: Transparent Pricing + Quality = Value – Sean Kelley & Dr. Patrick Kelley Slides Video
- Self-Funding, Free Markets, & More – Tim Callender Slides Video
- Lunch with Lee Legislative Update – Dr. Lee Gross Slides Video
- Healthshare Ministries & The Free Market – Tom Yakopin Slides Video
- Think Like a Plastic Surgeon – Dr. Jonathan Kaplan Slides Video
- From Russia with Love – Yuri Maltsev Slides Video
- Myth vs. Fact – Jay Kempton & Dr. Keith Smith Slides Video
- Self-Funded Employers and the Free Market – Mike Remeika Slides Video
- Free Market Friendly TPA – Todd Archer Slides Video
- Closing Remarks – Dr. Keith Smith Slides Video
- Local Chapter Workshop Slides Video
2016 Annual Conference
- Opening Remarks – Why We are Here; The Pillars of the Free Market Jay Kempton
- The Path of the ACA and EMTALA as. Weapon against the Free Market Doug McGruff
- Confessions of a Claims Negotiator Jason Davis
- Converting to Cash Chris Main & Nick Pandelidis
- How to Change the Media Debate on Healthcare Kevin Price
- How to Vote in November Jeff Deist
- Stop Loss & the Free Market Mike Remeika
- Pharmacy Benefit Managers and Market Transparency Chad Schmidt
- Legislative Update Jonathan Small
- Closing Remarks Keith Smith
2015 Annual Conference
- FMMA 2015 Highlight Reel
- Opening Remarks: How a Free Market Approach Had Better Outcomes and Faster Access to Surgical Care – Dr. Keith Smith
- The Future of Pricing: Demand, Supply, and the Services to Get There – Dante Panella & Al Scalzo
- Why are the Prices So Low? Jack Brown & Dr. Josh Umbehr
- Samaritan Ministries, How to Transform Healthcare James Lansberry
- ACA & How it Affects Self-funded Health Plans & Free Market Providers – Maria Robles Meyers
- The Hurdles of Starting Up & How to Overcome Them – Dr. Bill Grant, Dr. Sheriff Khattab, & Ari Tulla
- Necessary Pillars to Expand the Free Market – Jay Kempton
- What Insurance Means & What is Negotiable – Adam Russo
- The Market – The Who, Why, and Where – Tom Kelly
- Policy Update – Jonathan Small
- The Free Market: Now, Next Year, and in Five Years – Michael O’Neil
- Closing Remarks: Free Market Healthcare – Dr. Keith Smith
2014 Annual Conference
- Opening Remarks – Jay Kempton
- Why the Free Market Boom – Jeffrey Rice, M.D.
- Direct Pay and Healthcare Leadership – Atlas MD
- Free Market Users: Problems/Benefits/Wants – Samaritan Ministries
- Legal Green Lights and Red Lights – Cori Cook
- Why I Posted My Prices – Dr. S. Khattab
- Within Your Grasp: The Perfect Self-Funded Plan – Adam Russo
- How the Market Works – Jay Kempton, Jim MIllaway, Keith Smith, M.D.
- MediBid and Changing the Way We BuyHealthcare – Ralph Weber
- How a Direct Care Revolution Can Save the Future of Healthcare in America – Lee Gross, M.D.
- Closing Remarks – Charles Sauer
Sellers of healthcare goods & services who believe in providing up-front, bundled, cost efficient, high quality care.
Optional Value-Based Vendor
Businesses who provide assistance to buyers & sellers of healthcare goods & services while abiding by the Pillars of the Free Market.